I don’t want to spoil the end of agentotter’s excellent fic, Five Times Stiles Doesn’t Actually Need A Condom (And One Time He Does) but, spoiler, Stiles gets it on with a werewolf, and they use a condom. Stiles has good reasons for insisting on a condom in that fic, but I would like present a general argument for this fictionally uncommon practice.
- Derek tells us that werewolves are immune to disease: immune does not mean incapable of transmitting.
- And really, anyone who tells you they are a special exception to using condoms is definitely someone you should be using condoms with.
- Derek tells us werewolves are immune to disease. Here are some other things Derek has told us about biology:
- Lycanthropy takes away epilepsy.
- The bite turns you or kills you, there is no third option.
- A snake is immune to its own venom.
Derek failed Basic Werewolf Biology.
Also, if a person can be turned via a bite, how do they know if they can’t be turned via exposure to any other bodily fluids?
I’ve always thought the mechanism behind the bite was a virus that just needed contact with the bloodstream anyway, so it could be in any bodily fluids.
Bodily fluids are the important thing here, since no one in the show has ever turned by breathing in Special Werewolf Air, so it obviously isn’t airborne.